Before learning how to write a proposal for a research paper, you must first know what it is. A research paper doctoral proposal is a written project which provides information about a research which is approved by your professor before you can begin actual research. It contains your rationale for your research as well as the methodology you wish to employ. It persuades the academic community that you have a conceptual innovation. Learning how to write a research paper proposal is very important as it may determine whether you may go on a research or not.
Contents of a research proposal paper
The research proposal is a way to show what you will you in your research and how you will do it. More importantly, it also contains the method of how you will interpret the results. Learning how to write a proposal for a research paper requires you to know the contents first. Here are the contents of a research proposal paper you need to comply with.
- Extensive literature reviews
- Convincing evidence to support the research
- Plan for interpreting the results
- Expected Results
- Reference section
How to write a proposal for a research paper
Only you can teach yourself how to write a research proposal paper. However, there are things you need to know before you write your proposal. First, you must have a good idea from which you will anchor the whole proposal. In doing this, you must know what your expertise is and concentrate on it. However, you may also engage in other research area if you want to. Second, you must formulate an appropriate research objective. Third, conceptualize a research plan. In this phase, you must be able to develop your research objective and plans. Fourth, research on relevant literature and determine if your research will benefit the academic community. Fifth, write your first draft. Sixth, do not forget to include your reference section. Lastly, read and proofread your work. Although grammar is not the determinant of a good research proposal, errors in grammar and spelling may jeopardize the whole research.
Tips in writing a proposal for a research paper
Here are a few tips to help you in writing a proposal for a research paper.
- Start writing your proposal early to avoid low-quality proposals as a result of cramming.
- You must capture your reader’s attention.
- Describe your methodology in a detailed manner.
- Acknowledge the sources you used.
- Avoid plagiarism.
- Check your grammar and spelling. Do not let ambiguities confuse the readers.
- Clarity and brevity are the things you must remember in writing a proposal for a research paper.
- Submit your proposal on time.